Monday, April 18, 2011

Failure

Yesterday was my second day in a competition.  I went there carrying 2 different loads.  One was my tried and true 530 grain bullet.  The other was a more risky 405 grain hollow base.  I new the hollow base setup wasn't as good, yet there was an emotional attachment as I had cast these myself.  Sure enough, I made the emotional choice and ended up with a poor score.  I should know from motorcycle racing you compete with the best proven setup.   Testing is relegated to practice days.

On the plus side, I'm certain my hold and stability were improved by the cheek piece and hand grip addition.  I managed to improve my score in the offhand segment despite my poor ammo choices.  Next month will bring improvment again, I'm sure of it.

My current shooting cost is $4.42 per shot, with 10.6% being shipping costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment