Monday, March 21, 2011

Victory!

Yesterday I went to the local "Tri County Gun Club" and shot my first competitive rifle match.  200 yard sihouettes with black powder single shot cartridge rifles.  I had set up my sights per the book at 100 yards to be on at 200 and sure enough, they came out about right.  I needed a little fiddle faddling, but within 20 minutes of the 1 hour practice session I was dialed in.

As you can see from the picture below, I had a built in excuse if I did poorly.

The flag would whip from forwards to backwards, right to left.  Randomness was the code for the day.

The really good guys were shooting perfect 10s, while I would struggle to hit 3, eventually improving to 6 on the "hog".  Not that I'm complaining.  The rifle has come a long way in a month and I have great expectations that it will improve further still.  The group was very friendly and had tons of advice.   I think they were glad to see a new face in the crowd.


To answer your impertinent question: yes, there was only one person in my grouping.  Just like little league softball, to participate is to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment