Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What does a bell shaped curve look like?



Well, like this I guess.  It is a little lopsided, but you get the idea.
The first thing you'll notice is that the column on the right, where it has the number 11 written, has 12 bullets in it.  Lead poisoning affects math ability.

I decided to throw some bullets up on the triple beam to see what sort of consistency I was getting.  It turns out my "500 grain" bullets run from 519 to 532 grains.  I bought these lubed, so I'm including lube weight in this measure.  This is over 2% variation, which seems like it could matter.  Sorting brings me to about .35%, which I can't imagine is noticeable.  Testing will tell the tale.   I had expected that the ordeal of weighing each bullet would turn me off of this project, but when you're just trying to sort into a 2 grain range it goes fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment